Bathroom Helpful Hints
These helpful hints should help keep the plumbing in your bathroom running efficiently.
- Once a week run hot water down the drain to help keep it free-flowing.
- Repair leaky faucets to avoid further damage to the fixtures and faucets.
- Tubs and showers should be fitted with strainers that catch hair and soap chips. Clean the strainers regularly.
- To remove unsightly mineral deposits on your shower head, put one cup of vinegar in a plastic bag and place it over the shower head. Hold it in place with a twist tie and let stand overnight. In the morning, remove the bag and wipe off the mineral deposits with a damp cloth.
- Do not use your toilet as a wastebasket. Do not flush facial tissue, sanitary products or diapers as they do not dissolve and can clog the lines. Keep a trash container in each bathroom
Kitchen Helpful Hints
These helpful hints should help keep the plumbing in your kitchen running efficiently.
- Never put hard-to- grind, stringy or fibrous waste (poultry skins, carrots, celery or banana peels) into the garbage disposer.
- Run cold water down the drain for 15 seconds before and after using the garbage disposer to flush waste through the line.
- Don’t pour liquid grease down the drain. Wipe congealed grease from pots and pans with a paper towel and dispose of in the trash.